Sunday, September 1, 2013

REVIEW: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit VS Dream On Pact Slim and Cover

Etude House vs Etude House!

Okay, you may be wondering why I'm mostly reviewing Etude House products... the main reason is because Etude House is a budget brand and I'm a budget barbie hahaha! To be honest, this brand doesn't give high end results (go figure, it's a budget brand so you get budget results as well) but you could say it does the job.

Moving on, I'll be reviewing two different compact powders from EH, the old Dream On Pact Slim and Cover and the recently released Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit. I don't really have fair skin so I opted for the 3rd color swatches (Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit W13 Natural Beige and Dream On Pact Slim and Cover No. 03 True Beige).


Princess-y packaging

Etude House stays true to its princess-y promises with its packaging. Both pacts look very cute but Dream On Pact looks more princess-y for me (not that I'm the princess type; I'm pretty boyish). 


I think the Precious Mineral BB Compact swatch I bought is one shade (or just half a shade?) lighter than my Dream On Pact even though I carefully picked out the third color swatch/shade to make sure they're the same shade.


Okay so both are a tad too light on my hand (I dunno, I guess my hand is more exposed to the sun than my face) since both do offer "non-darkening" err whatever that means. You know how we Asians go gaga over porcelain skin so I guess that's what "non-darkening" is for. Anyway, I like the Precious Mineral BB Compact more because it gives a more silky touch after application while the Dream On Pact leaves me feeling cake-y and I can actually see that there's powder over my face (like, powder particles are sticking out of my pores hahaha). With the Precious Mineral BB Compact, my face looks more natural after application. 

note: GREEN means pros and RED means cons

Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit:

  • has SPF 30
  • simple yet cute packaging
  • silky finish
  • lasts for up to 6-8 hours in my experience with little sebum appearing on my T-zone
  • only light coverage
  • too light on my light tan skin
  • a little expensive..(?) for a budget brand [retails at 848php or 19 USD)


Dream On Pact Slim and Cover:

  • has SPF 25
  • princess-y gwiyomi (lol) packaging
  • VERY matte finish (makes me look cake-y)
  • lasts up to 4-6 hours in my experience and makes my T-zone very very oily
  • only light coverage
  • closer to my skin shade
  • still a little expensive but I'm okay with the price (I guess lol) [retails at 648php or 14.52 USD]


Overall, I like the Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit more. This review is based on MY experience with both compacts, so, the results using both on your skin may not be the same as mine. You may like the Dream On Pact better than the Precious Mineral BB Compact.

I'll try to post a photo of me using both pacts on my face, instead of my hand (haha), next time! ^__^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment