Thursday, June 20, 2013

I got a new TOY from Zaki's Gadgets and Gizmos!


WARNING: LOW QUALITY PHONE PHOTOS & UBER LONG REVIEW COMING YOUR WAY :P

Okay okay it's pretty obvious I'm into online shopping (I own two online shops). For the past 5 years, I have had this sin hehe! This wonderful experience started way back in 2007 at Multiply, then moved to Ebay, and finally to Facebook.

These're my online shops by the way:

Tofu's Ulzzang Shoppe - this one is mainly for preorders; we cater to Korean and Japanese fashion items.
The Ragdoll Chronicles - this one is my bargain page; kinda like a virtual garage sale. 

Moving on, I will be reviewing my online shopping experience with Zaki's Gadgets and Gizmos! It's an online shop that, well... (the shop's name says it all) that sells gadgets and gizmos (lol) like DSLR units and accessories, Apple products, Samsung products and many more. Check out their facebook page to browse their catalogue.

I ordered a Nikon D7000 body to replace my old entry-level DSLR, a D3100.

At first, I had wanted to buy the unit at the mall. I know, mall prices are pretty jacked up but I was gonna chew and swallow that ugly fact because I only wanted security. The mall price for a D7000 body only is at 49,990php with a free 8gb SD card. Hard to swallow (HAHA). I was really really certain on buying it when I remembered Zaki's Gadgets and Gizmo's. I checked their price and I was like, "SERIOUSLY?! WTF?! 34,500php?!" Too good to be true right?! But I personally know one of the owners and I instantly knew this shit was for real (I'm cursing to show you all how serious I am, like, movie-serious). Their price is pretty normal for people in Manila but for someone like me who always has a hard time getting awesome deals which can compete with Manila prices here and now in my city, it's a real catch!

Ordering gadgets online isn't usually my thing. I get so paranoid with a lot of "what if" questions when it comes to that. I mean, gadgets do COST a lot. A LOT (unless you're a billionaire, which I am not. Boohoo.).

What if it gets damaged when it's shipped out?

What if the gadget's not as it was described?

WHAT IF I GET SCAMMED?

So why did I push thru with this transaction? 1. The owners are actually based in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental (this is where I live. Hooray!), so I can meet up with them; 2. I am already acquainted with one of the owners; and 3. The shop owners only let me pay half of the full amount first to order the unit then I'll pay the balance when it's arrived and when I'll be able to pick it up.


Tada! My order with its etc etc and my freebiiiiiieeeeeeessssss!

The shop was promoting a 5% discount on all Nikon and Canon DSLRs when I ordered (and they currently still are! Order now! :P). Unfortunately, there's a catch. Either you avail the discount or ignore it to get freebies. I chose the latter because I needed a bag and a new SD card.

Our transaction went smoothly. I sent my first payment by depositing it to one of the owner's bank accounts, they then ordered from their supplier in Manila. I waited for 1 day and poof! Surprise mother father! The unit's here! Nyahahaha! I kept spazzing! I actually just met up with the owners this afternoon to get the unit and pay the balance.

AND GUESS WHAT??? Not only did I get freebies, Zaki's Gadgets and Gizmos was able to give me the 5% discount as well! *spazzing* I love them to bits!!!


D7000 body, viewfinder cap, battery, charger, and charger plug

Freebie: 4gb SD card ||| Sling strap, charger cord, HDMI cord, tether cord

Freebie: Camera bag ||| Manual, Warranty card, ViewNX2 CD installer

*spazzing* COMPARTMEEEEENTSSSSSSS

Freebie: Nikon brand clip-on protector *spazzing over and over again*


 ABOUT THE UNIT:

  • It's as described by the shop
  • Brand new, sealed, and well-packed
  • AFFORDABLE!
  • FREEBIES!!!! Aside from the 4gb SD card and bag, I got a free clip-on screen protector! An original Nikon branded clip-on screen protector at that!!
  • All the freebies are brand new too (in case you were all wondering lol)
  • It has a one-year store warranty


ABOUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE:

  • 10/10 service! They update me constantly, transactions are done in a jiffy!
  • The owners are a couple by the way and are one of the coolest couples I know! They're witty, knowledgeable on every item they sell and very accommodating (heck, they even ordered a frappé for me when I picked up my order this afternoon). They're the kind of people I'd bask with sweets and party invitations ever so often if we were neighbours!
  • The owners are willing to teach you the basic how-to's in using the gadget/gizmo you ordered
  • They feel for their buyers; they know how to price an item right and are willing to go the extra mile for the satisfaction of their buyers (like the surprise discount I got!).
  • They're honest and open about how they price and market their items! You don't always find gadgets sellers like that!
  • Aside from meet ups, they can also ship your orders via LBC

All in all, I absolutely love my shopping experience with Zaki's Gadgets and Gizmos! In fact, I am already planning what to buy from them next when I have extra moolah for my expensive hobby hehehe!

If you're planning on buying gadgets, make sure to visit their online shop first before you run to the mall with your fat wallet! They'll surely save you from being officially broke and will even make you smile from ear to ear when you get your order!


HUEHUEHUE!



0 comments:

Post a Comment